WVBANDS.ORG: The West Valley High School Bands web site - wvbands.org - is independently run by parent volunteers and does not use District resources or facilities. The West Valley School District, Spokane Valley, WA, has no responsibility for the content of this web site.

Best viewed with browser set to full screen!


Also visit WV Beginning Bands and Centennial MS Bands
Students & parents: Click here to add yourself to the WVHS Bands email list

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade

The band departs for Seattle on Tuesday, April 4th, and flies overnight to Dulles airport arriving around 7 am EST.

The return flights will arrive back at SeaTac Airport on Sunday evening, April 9th around 8:30 pm PST.

The buses from Seattle are expected to arrive back in Spokane at about 3:00 AM (yeah, that other 3 O'Clock!) on Monday, April 10th. Band trip participants will have NO SCHOOL on Monday, April 10th.

DURING THE TRIP, to the extent possible I will be posting updates and photos to this web site. I may not be able to make updates until Thursday but please visit this web site each day while the band is away. I intend to have photos posted here. Very short text updates will appear starting on the 4th.

I HAVE CONFIGURED this web site so that I can post short messages from my cell phone's text messaging feature. This will enable me to post text updates (I am apparently the last person in the country who does not have a picture phone so I can only post text from my phone). Watch for short updates starting on April 4th.

ON APRIL 9TH I will update travel and time information to the weblog as we depart Dulles, arrive in Seattle, and then make our way across state to Spokane. The telephone tree will be activated during the night to alert you to changes and arrival back at West Valley High School.

UPDATE: We return to Seattle on April 9th, but will not be back to Spokane until 3 AM on April 10th.

SOMETIME AFTER the trip, I expect to have a DVD of the trip available. This DVD will be available for a donation to the Band Boosters. I am donating all costs, including the costs of the DVDs in exchange for your donation to the Band Boosters. This DVD will be professionally photographed, edited and mastered through my business Coldstreams.com. Watch this space for announcement of availability, as well as announcements at Band Boosters meetings and through the band.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?