WVBANDS.ORG: The West Valley High School Bands web site - wvbands.org - is independently run by parent volunteers and does not use District resources or facilities. The West Valley School District, Spokane Valley, WA, has no responsibility for the content of this web site.

Best viewed with browser set to full screen!


Also visit WV Beginning Bands and Centennial MS Bands
Students & parents: Click here to add yourself to the WVHS Bands email list

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

Kudos from DC

Jim Loucks received an email message from another band director from Western Washington who happened to be on the group 1 flight to Seattle. He asked that I share that note here, anonymously, so I have removed identifying information, but otherwise have reproduced it in roughly the formatting in which it was received.

Way to go, Eagles …

Jim,

I just wanted to compliment you on the behavior of your students. My family and I rode home on the plane with you and your kids yesterday. I believe we were with the juniors/seniors. They were very friendly and courteous especially nearing the end of a long, tiring trip. I wish we could have seen them in the parade. I'm sure they sounded great and showed great "Eagle Band" pride.

I teach band at ********* in the ******** School District and we are also the Eagles. I've been teaching 17 years and it always brings a smile to my face when I see a nice bunch of music students. Congratulations on your trip and thanks again for making my families' trip home a pleasant one.

Sincerely,
********

You made all of us VERY proud!

(I was on the Group 2 flight and the same can be said for the freshmen and sophomores... Ed)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?